kjsodifjoisdhfhwoejsd. !!!! \o/ \o/ \o/
1. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Ding won his quarter final. Against Ronnie O'Sullivan. And it was amazing. It was actually basically fine, but it felt difficult and painful because Hendry kept saying 'I think this is the biggest test of his career' and 'O'Sullivan has gone favourite in this match for me' and 'if he doesn't clear up from here I can't see him winning this match' and he means it LOVINGLY, but it's AWFUL. And I so nearly gave up on it and had to leave, and I did spend one whole frame watching the match on the other table instead, and just listening to the noises from the crowd on Ding's table to let me know it was going okay, which is the mark of Caring Too Much. Esp. considering it's only a quarter.
2. Ding and John are both in semi finals, and I have THREE MORE DAYS of snooker to care about and I get to care about BOTH matches. Ding probably won't win his, it's against Selby who he lost to in the final last year. And John ought to win his, which is almost more difficult because he probably still won't. But possibly it doesn't matter.
3. The most important thing isn't even that Ding won, it's that when he won Ronnie just held him for a while in front of everyone and looked at him with wonder. He gave him a hug and talked low in his ear, which was loveliness enough, but then when Ding went to move away, Ronnie, kind of just couldn't let go of him and held him there for ages talking to him about how brilliant and beautiful he is, and I genuinely thought it might last forever. And because the crowd is loud, the talking after a match is always really close in, and he was talking right against Ding's skin, and I know I talk about how much Hendry loves Ding, but Ronnie loves Ding SO MUCH, and it was just delightful.
4. Hazel calls Ding 'Junhui' which is nice, because the commentators don't, and it's a bit odd that they don't. They call everyone else by both first names and surnames interchangeably. There's only really Ding and Liang that they know well from China, and they do call Liang 'Wenbo' quite often now. I think 'Ding' is just a lovely name, I think that's why they stick with it more.
5. The last time they cuddled like that was when Ding was crying because he was scared at the masters, and Ronnie just looked after him and has looked after him ever since then, and Ding has never beaten him since then because he loved him too much, and Hazel was all 'well this is an important moment in their relationship' and kajsdoifjoeijsdsd. Then Ding came and did an interview that was just about how he loves Ronnie and how Ronnie said nice things to him and how he feels good.
6. Ding's second round match and quarter final match would both have made amazing finals. His semi is also going to be nearly impossible. He is just the unluckiest of unlucky people. Selby hasn't even been tested yet. Maybe he'll fall apart the moment he is.
7. lkfdsjaoidjfoiejsdfspdof s. KJOISd. .